My exploring trip. - Segamat edition

I believe everyone had noticed my blog lately do not update as much as before. I appologized for that as im busy with my holiday now. Past few day i also going on a driving trip around the Malaysia to discover nice scenery and food. =P

Well, here come my 1st part of my whole exploring trip which is a driving trip around Malaysia. Basically i do not have any information about all the location i am going to travel. I do not even know how to drive there. All i based on is the Nokia Maps application available in my phone.

My whole exploring trip starts from Segamat, Johor then proceed to Kuantan, Pahang and finally made a stop at Sungai Lembing near Kuantan.



Lets start my first part which is Segamat. Well, where is Segamat? It is a small town located in Johor which is about 215km from Kuala Lumpur. To go there, you need to drive on North South Expressway to the south side from KL and exit at Alor gajah Tol.



Winding through the federal road, follow the Tampin / Segamat direction shown on roadsign. Along the journey, you will past through some town which is Tampin, Gemencheh, Gemas, Buluh Kasap and finally you will reach Segamat. Segamat is the town of the king of fruit. At Buluh Kasap, you may find alot of durians and other local fruit along the road. Believe or not! 4KG of Dragon Fruit (RED) only sold at RM10!

For me, i departed from KL at 8am, and i reached Segamat at around 10.30am! It just takes 2 hour and 30 minutes to reach.



All the while i had been heard some of my friend mentioning about a very nice traditional Hailam kopitiam at Segamat which serve nice coffee and toast. So my first mission is to find the kopitiam!

And here i found it around 11am! Its located at Jalan Awang, Segamat. Let me introduce you...



Kedai Kopi Nan Yang, this old cafe existed for many years and serve great hailam style coffee and toast! Although the shop looks old and many of us did not heard of it before, it is favourite by alot taxi driver and bus driver to make their breakfast stop there.

Take note, this kopitiam only serve drinks and toast. They do not sell noodle there. Im unsure about their business hour but it seems will open until noon.


Hailam style ice coffee, this definitely taste better than all those instant coffee and some branded cafe yet it cost much more cheaper to enjoy! It just cost me RM1.40 for one big glass of ice coffee!


Hailam bread toast, A very aromatic charcoal toasted hailam bread with butter and home made kaya fill. One piece only cost you 70cent! With this price, what else you expect?

Ok. After enjoyed my morning tea time at Kedai Kopi Nan Yang, i proceed to check in to my stay. There are plenty of small hotel available at the town. If you prefer outside the town, there is only 1 hotel which is Hotel Sri Pelangi.

For me, i prefer to choose outside the town as i prefer a silent sleep. So, i choose Hotel Sri Pelangi as my stay. It cost RM90 per night for standard room. RM35 for additional bed. No breakfast will be provided. This hotel is kind of dissapointing with the facilities as it is not so properly kept.


Hotel Sri Pelangi. Priced reasonable. However, Facilities not so well kept.
-

Hotel Sri Pelangi at night. Nice landscape right?
-
Nearby Segamat there are alot point of attraction such as the Gunung Ledang and Hutan Lipur Sungai Bantang Bekok which is a great camping location. There are a large forest reserve for you to jungle trekking.
-
Besides that, you may also pay visit to the durian and fruit plantation farm. You may get variety of fruits at reasonable price there.
-
For the lunch, we settle ourself in a air-conditioned restaurant named Tong Hock Restaurant (同福冷气饭店) located beside the Segamat mainroad. During my visit, i ordered 黄酒鸡 (chicken cooked in chinese wine) and 芋头扣肉 (Pork stewed with yam) plus a vege. All that cost me RM44.60 for 3 person. Taste is just slightly above average.
-
At night, we went 阿福炒饭 stall to have our dinner. This restaurant served great curry fish (咖喱鱼),飘香佛钵,and nice steel plate to fu (铁板豆腐). During my visit, we ordered curry talapia fish, steel plate tofu and a vege soup. It cost me only RM32.50! With rice and chinese tea included! For me, i recommend this restaurant to you all! The food are damn nice! Remember visit earlier to avoid no more table available.
-
Sorry no photo for the eatery above because everyone is too busy eating that moment. ==
-
Other good place for food are such as 小羊肉骨茶 (Xiao Yang Bak Kut Teh) which only open until noon. It is located on the street beside Segamat street. If from KL direction, you need to turn left on Sg Segamat junction. I do not have detailed address. However, Segamat town is not so big. You may drive your car around to search for them.
-
During the day, i also pay my visit to a fruit farm which owned by my dad's friend. Enjoyed lots of local fruit there. Too bad now is not durian season.
-
Ok! My driving trip day 1 ends like that. The second day morning i will proceed my driving journey to Kuantan. Basically, Segamat is a nice place if you like to enjoy the nature as there is a lots of plantation farm and nature jungle for you.
-
Bye Bye Segamat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment